Friday, April 20, 2012

A Curry Dinner





My wife and I realised that pictures are a big help so I am posting this picture of a recent dinner. We had curried chicken and potato at the bottom left, Curried chicken liver at top right, roti top right and our own pilau rice made with plain rice, raisins, cardomom and turmeric.

The chicken liver was a simple recipe, fried up some onion, garlic and peppers until softemed, added a tablespoon of curry powder and let that cook up for a couple of minutes before throwing in the livers. I let them fry up and mix with the seasonings beofre adding a handful of chopped coriander, a chopped tomato, water salt and pepper. After about 5 minutes I took out the livers with a slotted spoon and let the mixture fry down to a paste and then added the livers back for about another 3 minutes to cook though.

The recipe for the chicken curry and roti is elsewhere in the blog

No comments: