Saturday, May 5, 2012

Breadmaker Roti dough

I am fascinated by this breadmaker I acquired. I have now successfully used it to make superior roti dough. My breadmaker has a recipe for pizza dough, and I modified it by replacing the olive oil with ghee. So for me its 450gm flour, 250gm water, 1 tspn yeast 1 dessertspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of ghee melted. I am not scared of lifting the lid during kneading and adding a bit of flour if I think its too loose. Now the reason a breadmaker is so good is it maintains a constant temperature a lot like the professional bakers rising trays. That gives the yeast the best possible temperature to grow. Once it completes which takes about 1.5 hours, I take out the soft dough and split it into 1/8ths as one would for roti and cover it with cling film covered in oil. From then on its roll and cook. Don't forget to brush both sides with a mixture of ghee and oil. I was amazed the first time as the roti puffed up like a ball and tasted very good.

3 comments:

davemilezz said...

I really like the recipe and would use a breadmaker to get best out of it.

Fan said...

The making of this product is done in a unique way, so the handling is effortless. The plates, knobs as well as the pressing handles are made with special care to let loose the effort of the users. With the purchase of roti maker users can ignore the long time standing before the gas stove for preparing roti. By following simple steps, users can avoid the usual proceedings such as rolling of dough, pressing it tightly on the plate so on for making roti and chapati. The users can make thin and soft rotis within minutes by using this roti maker machine. Users have to simply place the dough in the center of the lower plate of this device.

Roti Maker Price in Pakistan

Aarav sinha said...

I must have to take your blog as my primary blog for reading as there are so many new things to getting more and more true information.
roti maker